I’ve always been curious about the Essence mascaras because they seem to be a big hit or miss. When I saw Shoppers Drug Mart had a BOGO sale for the Get BIG! Lashes mascaras, I decided to finally try them out. After reading loads and loads of reviews, I chose the Volume Curl and Volume Boost mascaras.
First, let’s talk about Volume Curl.
- Very light, unoticable scent (this is coming from a girl who is very sensitive to scents)
- Price ($3.99CAD)
- Curls lashes
- Couple of small clumps after 2 coats.
- Lots of product comes off onto the brush, causing lashes to clump together
- Doesn’t volumize
- Weighs down lashes
- No clumps (even after 3 coats)
- Very light, unoticable scent
- Brush is good size
- Give short lashes some length
- Wet formula (causes spidery lashes)
- Heavy formula (weighs down lashes)
- Flakes on eyelids
- Kind of makes eyes burn
- Does not volumize
- Not buildable
Since the mascara was weighing down my eyelashes, I tried wiping off the access on a tissue before applying the mascara and after three coats it just gave a natural look. It didn’t work for my long lashes or my sisters short lashes. This mascara also made my eyes burn a little.
OVERALL RATING: 2/5
WOULD I REPURCHASE: No, I would not repurchase.