1. Why did you start taking better care of your hair?
Some time during April 2013 I decided I wanted to grow out my hair, and keeping it healthy was the quickest way to do it. The reason I wanted to even grow my hair out in the first place were actually for the stupidest reasons: To get rid of this weird bump in my hair and to be able to bring all my hair to one side (which I don’t even do now with long hair).
2. What are your 2 favourite hair products?
I try to avoid using heat on my hair, but if I ever have to then I like to use Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray by TRESemmé.
And after I wash my hair, I always use anti-frizz SHINE SERUM by got2b.
3. Who’s hair did you always admire as a child?
The person who really inspired me to actually grow out my hair was @Beautyklove on YouTube. Her hair is SOO long so I thought if she could do it, then I could too!
4. What is your ultimate goal length?
Butt length! I’m at tailbone length right now.
5. How are you going to celebrate when you reach your ultimate goal length?
Going to straighten it for sure and probably whip it back and forth.
6. Two styles you want to try at your goal length?
Just simply straighten it like I mentioned above, and a long ponytail.
7. Which do you prefer: Health or Length?
Health for sure! I’d hate to have long unhealthy hair.
8. Which do you prefer: hair ties with no metal parts or butterfly clips?
I love hair ties with no metal parts for when I have to put my hair up. I’m currently using ones from Forever 21. They’re inexpensive and really tight, perfect for long, heavy hair.
9. What products do you prefer: salon brands, organic brands, BSS brands, Drugstore brands, or other?
Drug store brands.
10. Which product/technique do you think is over-rated?
Heat less waves using a normal braid. I personally don’t like how the waves look.
11. Which product/technique do you think is under-rated?
Hot oil treatment for sure! It’s something us desi people have been using all our lives, but only recently have other people started using it too.
12. What is your favorite part of your hair regimen?
Hot oil treatments leave your hair unbelievably soft afterwards, so I’d have to say it’s my favourite part of my hair routine.
13. What is the most annoying part of your hair regimen?
Washing and detangling is a task, I really hate it!
14. Oils or butters?
Oils.. I didn’t know they had butters for your hair!?
15. Buns or ponytails?
Ponytails. I wish I knew how to wear a bun.
16. What is your opinion of growth aids.
Can’t say anything, I’ve never tried any.
17. At what length do you consider hair long?
18. When was the last time you visited a salon.
I honestly don’t remember 😛
19. What do you like to surf most often: YouTube channels, personal blogs, or hair forums?
When I was growing my hair out, I watched a lot of YouTube videos.
21. And finally, what piece of advice would you give to someone just starting out on their hair journey?
It’ll take some time and effort, but the more you care for your hair, the better it’ll turn out.
You can probably tell my hair is quite uneven.. quick tip: don’t trim your own hair if you don’t know how.